Monday, March 22, 2021

A niche in the stream

A niche in the stream                                                                                      
 
Refresh yourself, said Meher,
in that pool of My love within you
 
and this poetry has often been
that pool for me, a palpable caress
 
of His loving presence.
For some it might be saying His name,
 
the gazing upon His form, poring over
the scriptures, discourses, sutras,
 
personal testimonies of mandali members
or the various mystics throughout the ages,
 
containing more truth and pure devotion
than any of my subjective ruminations
 
but for me this poetry remains a still, secret
niche in the stream, just deep and wide enough
 
for the soul-refreshing intimacy
of my Lord and His ever-disquieted slave.
 
O child of God, the blind man needs a staff.
You need your hand in the Godman’s.




No comments:

Post a Comment