Thursday, June 17, 2021

Such a game as this

Such a game as this                                                                                          
 
My love for You is tainted by desire
for an end to such a game as this;
 
tainted by the fear of further suffering,
disillusionment, shame and grief
 
for myself and my loved ones; for us all.
And there’s my dependency upon Your wine,
 
my desperate need for Your companionship.
Ask for nothing, said Meher, and receive everything.
 
But first, apparently, I must learn to ask
myself for nothing, the world for nothing,
 
that I may come to You empty and untainted,
nothing to lay at Your feet
 
but a hopeless faith in Your majesty
and a relinquishing of all authority to You.
 
O child of God, pure love is a gift from God,
the bridge from non-existence to divinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment