Friday, January 25, 2019

Up the pike

Up the pike                                                                                                         

Looking over my shoulder,
I can’t say I remember 

a crossroads or even a fork in the path
with a free choice of which way to go.

This is how it seems to me this far up the pike –
as if the word freedom has never been applicable.

Thus considerably more agreeable
is the premise of my own necessary annihilation

when removed from my shoulders,
its particulars locked into inevitability;

convinced there never was
an autonomous self – an existence apart –

from which to freely choose or reject
my obliterating surrender to the One.

O child of God, the concept of freedom applies
neither to Illusion nor the Infinite-Eternal.

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment