Wednesday, June 17, 2020

God, by definition

God, by definition                                                                                                

I’m idling at a stop sign, free to turn
east or west.  God’s not in the seat next to me

wondering which way I’ll go.  God knows.
God, by definition, already knows. 

How is my own will free if God already knows?
And where might there enter in,

any idea of personal freedom?
East or west, whichever direction I choose

is and will always be determined
by an authority greater than chance

or circumstance, greater than myself.  
Determined by the Oneness of God’s vision

and the assigned sovereignty
of my personal unfolding destiny.

O child of God, the value of your musings
is your subsequent focus upon God the Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment