Saturday, December 8, 2018

The bosom of Abraham

The bosom of Abraham                                                                          

It’s not about solving the mystery anymore;
locking in the puzzle pieces.

It seems now to be about forbearance
(in lieu of utter acceptance).  About giving up.

An attempt to care no longer for myself
for the sake of all the others I do care for

knowing all the while I make my way just as they do –
alone . . . alone except for our mutual Friend.

Towards the end of a life of compulsions,
the one choice that seems open to me

is to disregard the interior prods and pulls
and the exterior promptings that trigger them

and to nestle myself, such as I am,
into the bosom of my particular Abraham.

O child of God, the Friend who is guiding you
is the Friend who is calling you home.

(Painting by Joe DiSabatino)

No comments:

Post a Comment