Monday, August 3, 2020

The edges of your being

The edges of your being

You are everywhere and in everything.
No wonder I can't find You.

When You wore that coat of flesh,
we spotted You easily enough,

donning the habit of illusion 
to help us distinguish the One in the many.

If You granted the least of my requests,
I must necessarily exist to receive it.

We must remain ever separate -
the Giver and the recipient. 

But if I wish for nothing, perhaps,
You will grant me nothing.

In that great void I will cease to exist.
No  way to tell where I end and You begin.

Let me get lost in Your nothingness,
never to find my way back into form again.

O child of God, even the idea of separation 
        delineates the edges of your being.
Get lost in love and find your way back to Oneness.

                                    (from The Garden of Surrender, 2004)



 


No comments:

Post a Comment