Saturday, January 16, 2021

Helter-skelter

Helter-skelter                                                                                            
 
When I pledged to follow You I didn’t quite grasp
it was like following a deer through a forest
 
or a thief through the labyrinths of the city.
I thought vaguely to position myself at Your feet
 
and with Your mere presence and honeyed words
You would transport me to another realm. 
 
You have not only remained silent but on the move! 
And I’ve been given no choice
 
but to run helter-skelter behind,
gathering the clues You scatter.
 
It might not be the accepted way
but it’s the only way I know
 
and I have found You most kind,
benevolent and dear in Your grace.
 
O child of God, the more you abandon
your presumptions, the nearer get to Meher.





No comments:

Post a Comment