Wednesday, July 22, 2020

The path to Glory

The path to Glory                                                                                                

Ere I was born, I belonged to You.
Thirty years first on the framework, backdrop

of the Christ’s gospel – so strange a child;
fresh into manhood and the wicked world,

carving out a painful niche in the hillside.
Until a desperate leave-taking quest for peace –

learning at least the mechanics of suffering;
and (by Your grace) the revelation of my poverty.

Entering, at last, a long term relationship with the Old Man,
the Buddha and that original, childhood Jesus

on just those same terms of credulity and faith,
the remainder of my life knowing all I need to know

of the truth of You and Your new life, 
loaves-and-fishes, bread-and-wine Companionship.

O child of God, hark back to your beginnings.
The path to Glory is circular.

No comments:

Post a Comment