Saturday, May 9, 2020

Very much in play

Very much in play                                                                                       

Years ago I decided it would be best
to surrender to my Beloved,

trying ever after to talk my heart into it. 
Intractable, quavering, non-committal,

what could I say at this point to sway the jury?
So these days I keep quiet.

It’s an unhanding now I know,
a facing up, a sorting out;  

a painful, bit by bit, incursion and endeavor,
yielding by inches the sovereign native soil.

It would be best, I long ago decided             
to surrender to Meher Baba and since that day

His wondrous, enigmatic unfolding within me
is still very much in play.    

O child of God, you’ve never had the sole authority
to so radically decide your fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment