Sunday, November 1, 2020

The world turned off

The world turned off                                                                                 
 
Pare down, my intuition tells me;
beardless, short hair, plain clothes, simple fare;
 
the world turned off; a narrow agenda –
the exterior reflecting the interior.
 
Reading and writing, contemplation,
prayer and meditation – the gift of a life
 
chosen for me, suitable for no one else.
I keep saying – to worries, disappointments, regrets
 
and other odd things (God knows how and why) 
brought to mind – it doesn’t matter,
 
it doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter.
Unspoken, yet heartening, within that mantra
 
is the assurance of Meher:  Nothing matters,
o pilgrim, but love for God. 
 
O child, pray that Thank You, Lord, becomes
Yes, my Lord – everything His, nothing yours.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment