Thursday, November 26, 2020

The Sun of God

The Sun of God                                                                                         
 
I had a revelation on the path to God;
standing transfixed at the crest of a hill – 
 
I don’t know where I am, where I’m going
or how I might get there.  
 
Now, perhaps, the real journey might begin
with my clutching blindly the hem of my Lord’s skirt.
 
Though I’m ashamed of being late to the party,
He (apparently) hasn’t been waiting for me.
 
There’s no sooner or later in Oneness,  
no unexpected delays from His end of the game. 
 
There is only the Whim, only the Whim
playing Itself out the way It must
 
and we are swept along with It –
bits of semi-consciousness –
 
for what seems like forever
(from our mortal, moment-to-moment perspectives),
 
until we flower, burst into flames and merge
into the awakened, eternal Sun of God.
 
O child of God, let your heart-truth overwhelm
the mind’s quibbling need for security.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment