Monday, February 3, 2020

You never let go

You never let go                                                                                        

After I wised up, I told my adult self
I knew not what I was doing –

nine years old tramping down the aisle
to give my life to Jesus.  But lately I see

I knew exactly what I was doing,
my untouched heart roughly awakened   

and refusing then to settle for anything less.
Very soon I wised up, took back my life

and went my worldly way. It was when I began
to reawaken and search for You

that I knew not what I was doing
yet reduced by the painful invalidity of the world

to having nothing else worth doing.
And learning later that once You accept

a lamb into the fold You never let go.
It was You who initiated my adult search

for the one Who is within me all along
and for that child, lost but not abandoned,

being now mercifully relieved
of all his worldly wisdom.

O child of God, you have not changed a whit
since that surrender and neither has your Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment