Sunday, June 21, 2020

The Mystery of mysteries

The Mystery of mysteries                                                                           

The Mystery can’t be spoken say the Masters,
but it is (apparently) embodied by the Living Word

Who may or may not choose to converse
beyond the pronouncements of His own Presence.

Speaking of the Mystery, I always come to the point
where I don’t know the definitions of the words I use,

like having learned a foreign language by rote.
But I’m told it’s my language, an exile raised

where the duality of words and meanings
are too limited and primitive to explain

or contain the Mystery of mysteries;
thus, a stranger am I, on a foreign shore

praying to become dumbstruck forever
by a mere whisper of the original Word.

O child of God, incessantly the wordsmith
points out the essential futility of speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment