Tuesday, March 17, 2020

After the last ki jai

After the last ki jai                                                                                              

Certain rituals have I adopted
to commune with my Lord

between protracted stretches
where I lose Him as companion –

left in the coil of a rosary,
between the pages of a book;

or after the last ki jai. 
Lost somewhere from here to there

as I wend my solitary way.
Certain rituals have I custom made

to bridge the episodic estrangement,  
reacquaint myself with His everpresent

solace and mercy; rekindle the hope
of a promised prospective communion

where I shall remain continuously and then eternally
awake and aware within His holy presence.

O child of God, counter your isolation
by embracing your own non-existence.



No comments:

Post a Comment