Wednesday, May 13, 2020

The only Way

The only Way                                                                                              

The Lord of Mercy is wielding His sword,
deflating my pretensions, exposing my duplicity,

pointing out irrefutably what a villain
I am, have been, ever will be. 

Behind these whitewashed walls,
my egregious sins are buried in the backyard,

disowned and denied even to myself.
The reflection in His unsheathed sword

reveals myself to me.  He allows no turning aside.
And thus I am nearer to His grace and expertise –

the only Way there is to deconstruct this sad contradiction,
get me whittled down to the one worthy purpose 

for which and for Whom I was created –
to serve my Lord, a slave of His love.

O child of God, fear not His honest blade
slicing through the bindings of Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment