Thursday, June 21, 2018

My sons

My sons                                                                                                     

I glimpsed my sons as fellow sojourners –
souls at least as old and equal to mine

whose karma my blood and house has taken,
a compassion deeper flowering in me

than paternal love; a timeless empathy;
reverence; camaraderie –

a much needed shift in perspective.
Not my sons at all, but His lovers,

not those young-bodied men but ancient souls
with their own evolving karma,

their own ageless relationship with Him.
I can’t protect them; never could,

nor guide them along their own inimitable way. 
Can’t aid them any more than they can aid me

upon our mutual souls’ journey.
We are and always have been

in the hands of God – His sons,
my brothers, too, of the one true Father.

O child of God, Meher emphasized the connection –
we are not we but one.


No comments:

Post a Comment