Sunday, May 24, 2020

A tinge of truth

A tinge of truth                                                                                           

I’ve called it as I’ve seen it and though it seems
I’ve acquired a bit of knowledge along the way,

there’s no need to amend my previous assertions
because everything on the path is true

at one point or another and it does not become
false later, merely belayed or transcended. 

Meanwhile, the truth of my Self
(the seed from whence this poetry arises)

is inviolable, untouchable and eternal. 
These poems concern illusion,

only hinting at the Truth beyond.
All I know of God is a hint, a beauty,   

a faint, brief suggestion of That  
which is unknowable and indescribable.

O child of God, words fail you again
yet there’s a tinge of truth in every poem your write.



No comments:

Post a Comment