Saturday, April 4, 2020

Outrageous love

Outrageous love

The teabag has broken.  How will the scattered bits
of leaves ever be returned to the bag?

After I let You into my heart, You produced a key
to long-locked door.  It led to a cellar filled with wine.

O Lord, those are my teardrops on those dusty bottles!
My tongue is too drunk to speak properly
but I will moan for You.

Moonlight pours through a small window just above the street.
Let’s drink to Hafiz – to his outrageous love.

And what of Rumi – his poetic, methodical breaking down
of the barriers between lover and God.

O Beloved, my heart seems so spacious when You are there,
sweeping through the house in Your flowing gown;

Your arms fluid and graceful, Your birdlike hands
making gestures for love, grace, forgiveness, mercy.

On Your head, Your hands form a crown – the gesture for a king.
You are the King of my heart, establish Your throne there.

O child of God, prepare your heart for the day
King Meher arrives in full regalia never again to leave. 




No comments:

Post a Comment