Monday, August 20, 2018

To Whom it may concern

To Whom it may concern                                                                         

I continue my search
without knowing why or how.

If it’s truth I’m after, I might find out,
enamored of the answer or not. 

If the source is fear, I’m afraid
I’m doomed. But then, I always was.   O Lord!

If there’s something I can do, help me with it.
If there is nothing I can do, let my efforts

be a lifelong appeal to Whom it may concern –
a wish that something might be done.

Let my search be a running toward rather than away,
my one request being – a divesting of all requests,

coming from the depths of me who I do not know
to the One Whom I beseech and also know not. 

O child of God, sometimes the path is merely
the placing of one foot in front of the other.



No comments:

Post a Comment