Saturday, July 3, 2021

Soon to blur

Soon to blur                                                                      
 
There are all sorts of theories about You.
I don’t know what to believe.
 
So, long ago, I stopped believing –
beyond belief . . . beyond disbelief.
 
Rain falls and I don gear to keep me dry.
Where is opinion and belief in that?
 
Mortar holds the bricks together.
Oil lubricates the mechanisms.
 
The eightfold path – a photo taken from space;
no conjectures there.
 
I take my Beloved for granted.
Didn’t He promise – He is always with me? 
 
O pilgrims, I am a raindrop one day to blur into the Ocean.
My opinion is, my opinion is of little consequence –
 
using what works and discarding what fails,
I find my Beloved closer than the vein in my neck.
 
O child of God, drop that six foot pole,
sink to the bottom to find out where you are.


                               (from A Jewel in the Dust, 2011)  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment