Saturday, November 8, 2014

The exploration of love

The exploration of love                                                                                     

Love God, said my Lord, and become God.
Elated at having a strategy, I sallied forth

to do battle, to conquer fear and evil; self and will.
I woke up one morning after years on the battlefield,

sans compatriots or adversaries.  Two things I’ve learned –
I know nothing about God.  I know nothing about love.

My Lord knows loving God requires the exploration of love,
not the exploration of God and the systematic dismantling

of the mundane and human impediments which bar us
from the direct knowledge and embodiment of love.

Love God and become God.
Love love and become love.

O child of God, love God and awaken
to the reality of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment