Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Fooled by God

Fooled by God

Some caught a glimpse of Your face
and knew in an instant You are the Avatar.

Even today, from a film or photograph,
some recognize You immediately as the Christ.

I wish I could say it happened that way with me.
How patient, how infinitely patient, You were.

Years of careful attention; pleading Your case,
               coaxing and cajoling,
before You got a holy foot in the door.

Meher, You claim to be God in human form!
And I believe You with all my heart.

If it is not true, You have fooled me.
If it is not true, my heart has been fooled by God!

I am willing to suffer the consequences of that.
My fate is in the hands of Meher Baba and God.

O child of God, do honey bees produce bitter gall?
Meher Baba can only speak the truth because He is the truth.

                                      (from The Garden of Surrender, 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment