Sunday, November 4, 2018

The platypus

The platypus                                                                                             

I have evolved, similar to the platypus,
according to certain aquatic necessities

in spite of my sedentary, faintly terrene attributes.
It’s left me a rather misshapen hodgepodge

wondering at my true nature – if ever I was
or ever should have considered myself a river creature.

This late in the game, I hope to construct
a reed hut somewhere on the bank;

sit and watch the river flow where it will
and be not tempted to dip my hands, wet my feet;

no thought to follow where the river might lead;
no attempt to seek nourishment there, to seek a life.

O child of God, you are not the body or mind (per Meher)
of that illusion-soaked and oddly shaped creature. 


No comments:

Post a Comment