Friday, July 23, 2021

Compassionate Father

Compassionate Father                                                                                     
 
Father of Mercy, You were named
and so I began to follow You –
 
thinking mercy to be what I needed most
and You have obliged me indeed (most mercifully).
 
But these days I’ve turned away from myself
and yet again toward myself to see
 
(by Your mercy) that a capacity for compassion
is what I most lack and thus
 
I beg You these days, Meher Baba,
to fill my emptiness with it –
 
that I might pour it out improvidently
to any and everyone who crosses my path,
 
in Your name and holy essence, I pray,
o merciful, compassionate Father.
 
O child of God, trade in all your cleverness
for one ounce of pure compassion. 




No comments:

Post a Comment