Saturday, August 15, 2020

To bend my knees

To bend my knees                                                                                               
 
I ask to be forgiven, though You have told us
there’s nothing to forgive; that I do not exist;
 
that there’s only the now; my karma ironclad;
that I’m heavily veiled (to the truth that is me);
 
that Oneness is sovereign under the guise of the many;
that nothing happens without Your will and permission.
 
Still, You gave us the Prayer of Repentance
and I use it, even if it be merely a gift
 
of much needed solace for our guilt and shame.
I seek forgiveness as a constant reiteration
 
of my ignorance and invalidity
and the observance of Who You are;
 
to better my position, settle in where I truly am –
to bend my knees, expose my neck,
 
bow deeper and nearer to the dust
I am destined to become.
 
O child of God, obedience and acquiescence
are worth so much more than understanding.



No comments:

Post a Comment