Monday, March 22, 2021

This maverick path

This maverick path                                                                                          
 
Lovers of uncommon faith – every piece
of their world fitted snugly into place;
 
lovers of accord and conciliation; of quotations:
(Baba’s, Eruch, Mani, Mehera’s),
 
remarkable in the strength of their conviction.
Still I can’t help but view it as fragile,
 
their faith, locked within
the fortress they’ve built to protect it. 
 
I fault not, nor envy, their approach. 
It seems the way of dust,
 
the way of the fortunate slave,
while I wander my own peculiar way,
 
my faith carried on my sleeve and with every
jab and jolt and shaking, I reach for the hand
 
of the One Who I believe has (faithfully)
led me down this odd maverick path.
 
O child of God, faith is nurtured by fidelity,
not the particulars of your assigned journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment