Friday, June 21, 2019

The less you milk the dream

The less you milk the dream                                                         

As it turns out, the only bargain’s end 
to uphold is my relationship with the One,

my allegiance bit by bit being switched
from the multifarious, strangely enough

drawing me subtly nearer to the many
in which the One is contained.

Non-attachment (inside and out) is more feasible
as I learn continuously that I hold no sway –

becoming not an attainment but a godsend,
not a method but the truth, an immense

and steadfast comfort the more I dare practice it.
Choices revealed as mere competing compulsions –

effete illusions – the compelling force (as Meher avers)
that drives this individual and collective dream.

It becomes a release that is not an evasion
but an acceptance, an acknowledgement,

the long sought key to the long conjectured
and proposed obedience and surrender.

O child of God, the less you milk the dream
the more true sustenance you receive.




No comments:

Post a Comment