Saturday, February 15, 2014

Our friendship

Our friendship                                                                                           

February 10, 1954 – You declared Yourself
Avatar of the Age!  That’s nice. 

A more important event for me – (I’m not sure
of the date) – You declared Yourself my friend.

Sorry, to be so self-fixated, so non-global. 
You got through to me. While I was keeping to myself.

Each time I turned around, I bumped into You.
You reached out and took a clenched and diffident hand.

Since then, my every transmutation has been shaped,
guided and colored by Your presence. 

I was keeping my distance (it was all I knew to do).
You got through to me – lobbying intently, kindly insistent. 

Lord, let my gratitude and our friendship become one day
a path to Your love . . . and to my surrender.

O child of God, Meher got through to you
by coming from the inside out!

No comments:

Post a Comment