Saturday, February 15, 2014

Our friendship

Our friendship

February 10, 1954 - You declared Yourself
Avatar of the Age!  That's nice.

A more important event for me -
(I'm not sure of the date) -

You declared Yourself my friend.
Sorry to be so self-fixated, so non-global.

You got through to me.
While I was keeping to myself.

Reached out and took
a clenched and diffident hand.

Since then, my every transmutation
has been shaped, guided

and colored by Your presence.
I was keeping my distance

(it was all I knew to do).
You got through to me -

lobbying intently, kindly insistent.
Lord, let my gratitude and our friendship

become one day a path
to Your love ... and to my surrender.

O child of God, Meher got through to you
by coming from the inside out!

                         (Unpublished)

No comments:

Post a Comment