Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kindness

Kindness                                                                                         

I asked for guidance;
You offered silence –

a path not chosen for me,
but walked with me.

The bread of companionship. 
The wine of oneness.

Your Word – so ardently shaped by Your Silence –
how, in good faith, should I now

prefer one to the other?
‘Move toward kindness,’ Rumi said.

The Mandali were kind enough
to accept me as a fellow lover of God

and, years later, daring to hear
the root meaning of that word:  ilk, sort, type –

a kindred spirit to those valiant souls
and, ultimately – improbably – to You.  

O child of God – you, the Christ and the Father are One.
Salvation depends upon the kindness of God.
                                                                                     
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment