Saturday, March 13, 2021

One performance only

One performance only                                                                                     
 
I have not come to teach (reads the inscription
on Baba’s Tomb) but to awaken.
 

The Avatar descends to show us (perhaps) not what to do

but to hint at what to expect.  And what we must accept.

 
My self comes and goes (one performance only).
I might mention the afterlife of my Mind and sanskaras
 
but they don’t really belong to me.  I belong to them. 
They created me, existing (presumably) prior to my birth
 
and after my death – having been around
since the Whim stirred up the Quiescence
 
and they will exist as long as God is in the process
of clearing the cobwebs after His long, long sleep.
 
O child of God, consider your temporality    
an integral component of God’s awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment