Wednesday, January 30, 2019

You Who Are

You Who Are                                                                                           

You always are.  I’m struck by the beautiful
absurdity of that; its marvelous audacity.

My thoughts, trailing to and fro in time
get lost in a whirling miasma,

my every construct dissipating
at the far reaches of possibility.

But even in holding myself apart,
crying out in my own brief flare,

I take remarkable comfort
in the ill-defined notion that Someone –

You, at least You, (You You You)
always were, always are and always will be.

My heart leaps for You, for Your singularity,
for Your unimaginable existence:  You . . . Who Are.

O child of God, when will you stop examining truth
through the blurry loupe of your own intellect?


No comments:

Post a Comment