Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Of path and pyre

Of path and pyre                                                                                              
 
There’s no life next to come for me. 
Not mind, heart or body; not personality
 
or personal history will rise above the pyre. 
And my soul – I have no soul (apparently)
 
apart from the Oversoul which has never
once tainted Itself piecemeal to don a coat
 
of human ignorance and mortality.  Only Mind,
individual yet impersonal, Meher said,
 
moves forward with its inexorable
karmic tendencies and compulsions.
 
There is (in truth) no egocentric reason
for me to look forward to Union
 
when I’ll have long since by then been left
in the dust and ash of path and pyre. 
 
Nothing for me to do until my departure
that’s not already ordained in the journey
 
undertaken by and for all the false and fleeting,
mortal creatures and for God Himself.
 
O child of God, abandon your personal hopes 
so that love for the Eternal One might emerge.

No comments:

Post a Comment