Wednesday, November 4, 2020

The Real Word

The Real Word                                                                                          
 
When the word of My love (said Meher)
speaks in your heart, you will know
 
it is the Real Word you have been
forever longing to hear.
 
I can’t remember such a Word, such a Reality,
such a distant Love ever having been
 
whispered into my heart; yet I must have
heard it somewhere before –
 
to have ever since longed for it;
certain to know it when I hear it once more.
 
Perhaps, not the import of it but the intimacy –
faintly, the intimacy – in numberless ages past,
 
to which yet I cling, longing for the return
of its liberating, whispered, love-drenched eloquence.
 
O child of God, your innate loneliness
is the evidence of your original attachment to God. 




No comments:

Post a Comment