Tuesday, December 26, 2017

The ring of truth

The ring of truth                                                                                        

Thank You for all You have given me,
and all You have taken away;

for remembering me
and for allowing me to remember You.

Thank You for wisdom’s ripening;
for the dust of the grave;

the shards of my poverty; for the rasp
of the world which has sharpened my longing.

Thank You for Your name
and the knowledge of Its significance;

for the soul’s dogged progression;
the inevitability of the goal;

for the human joy and affliction,
the revelation and mystification

which leads ultimately to dissolution,
to the unveiling of the indwelling Self and Union.

O child of God, the gratitude you’ve expressed
for years has begun to bear the ring of truth. 




No comments:

Post a Comment