Sunday, July 12, 2020

Now or later

Now or later

When You breathed life into Adam’s clay
it was so he would one day become dust at Your feet.

What a long journey we have undertaken!
And only, only to please You.

How narrow this path has become!
Why is it so difficult now to surrender our wills?

When we finally become helpless and hopeless,
we will only be acknowledging our chronic condition.

Once I believed in free will.  You showed me
the compulsion behind my choices.

Then, I believed we had only one choice, yes or no.
Now I believe the only choice we have is now or later.

Maybe there is not even that choice.
Maybe there is only You and Your game.

O child of God, why do you concern yourself with choices?
Every path leads down eventually to the Ocean of Love.

                                    (from The Garden of Surrender, 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment