Saturday, May 1, 2021

Haunt the shore

Haunt the shore                                                                                               
 
This daily exploration of You has become my life;
no longer an attempt to discover who You are
 
but what You have to give me – this daily reception
of salt-tinged wine, sea-soaked bread.
 
Most would say I’ve turned away from reality
but You are the Reality I am facing now,
 
undistracted by the faithless and illusory.
I see now the process as a morning walk
 
down to the gulled-circled sea
to find what gift has washed ashore
 
expressly for me, each exquisite detail
fitting exactly my lack and need
 
as my Father lovingly provides
the means of my returning.
 
O child of God, haunt the shore
and let the Ocean come to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment