Saturday, March 29, 2014

Endless highway

Endless highway                                                                                               

A breach has developed between myself and life –
immeasurably subtle yet, discernible . . . discernible.

I keep coming back to it or, it keeps coming back to me,
a tear in the fabric; a peering through –

deeper, essential, within me and yet, also  
flowing towards me – a hint of my immortality

to match existence, to match God. 
I strongly suspect then this flowing towards me

continuously has been flowing towards me eternally.
I turn another corner and know, or suspect I know,

there’ll always be another corner to turn, always,
this being just another inimitable

stretch on an endless highway to nowhere,
forever and ever without end, amen.

O child of God, what destination lies beyond infinity?
On what date shall your eternity come to an end?

No comments:

Post a Comment