Saturday, August 2, 2014

Loophole

Loophole

There's another name for constant inquiry.
It's called digging in my heels -

against the pull of fate, the sweep of time,
the soft corruption of flesh.

It's my abandonment of the fleeing,
empty-handed moment

before it abandons me,
an attempt to stay where I am -

in my timeless head - and not be
ushered impassively

through the channel God intends,
which looks a whole lot like

(and the teachings confirm) annihilation.
Whatever my claims

of noble intentions, fidelity and devotion,
it's a sad, doomed search

for a loophole which will nullify
the whole arrangement,

negate the necessity of my suffering,
death and non-existence.

O child of God, to surrender is to step
light-footed toward your own eradication.

                          (Unpublished)

No comments:

Post a Comment