Tuesday, February 19, 2019

The perfect me

The perfect me                                                                                         

Forgive me, humanity, I have not been
the human being – the father, son, brother,

husband, partner, friend – I had hoped to be.
Nowhere near, not within a country mile.

What I am and have been –
to complete perfection – is the perfect me.

No one could ever come close
to being as perfect a me as me.

Soon enough I’ll meet the perfect death,
this version of self ceasing forever to exist

and move on to what is next.
I don’t ask forgiveness from God.

I thank God for sharing with me
the opportunity of serving Him 

(fitting so aptly into His plan)
by being the unique, imperfect perfect me;

expressing precisely all He wished to be expressed,
attaining all that was required by my particular incarnation.

O child of God, don’t worry.  Be happy.
Perfection is in the eye of the Beholder.


No comments:

Post a Comment