Tuesday, April 7, 2020

In transition

In transition                                                                                                         

I’m not a pilgrim, apparently.
I’m a jewel encased in stone.

Not in transit, but in attrition
from accoutrements to essence.  

There are no way stations, only stages,
the destination under my bulk.

Nowhere to go but to the Lord
Who is everywhere and already with me.

Nothing to do but do as I’m told,
not in words but by circumstance.

My life has only the meaning I give it
and when I reach the truth I apparently am,

my life will have no meaning at all – like God,
which is Who I am and all of this, too.

O child of God, keep trying to put it into words –
the impossible task your Beloved has granted you.



No comments:

Post a Comment