Sunday, March 29, 2020

The sum of existence

The sum of existence                                                                    

Seven times seventy, instructed Jesus.
Because a grudge-bearer like myself

is not really who I am and the trespasser
is not to blame and truth is honored

in the surrender of forgiveness. 
The culprit being a provisional, apparently

essential, impostor sorting out and managing
the mind’s disparate sensations

but errant in its identification with the body
and mind creating within each of us

an artificial separation from the sum of existence.
Self-perpetuating, without compunction,

navigating illusion, keeping us rigidly
to the karmic path, but that ill-borne personality,

impermanent and transitional,
is not (as per my Lord) who I am.

I am the Self, a God-infused,
love-instilled, eternal ocean-drop of soul.

O child of God, compare the Oneness of God
to the cramped duality of your inner being.


No comments:

Post a Comment