Saturday, September 12, 2020

Desert father

Desert father                                                                                              
 
Faith in the Christ requires a divestiture
of worldly consensus, evidential experience,
 
human reason – all that is knowable.
How odd, how mad, it must seem
 
to eyes and ears tuned into cyberspace,
western radio, tv sets and movie screens;
 
to institutional religions, cultural mores, the daily news. 
I’ve become an eccentric sort of desert father;
 
non-physical is my isolation, my seclusion
is my silence, moving through the mainstream,
 
amiable and non-descript; unscathed. 
Unspoken and unrevealed is my allegiance
 
to a most radical conceit and a personal relationship   
with a Mystery both unfathomable and ineffable.
 
O child of God, identify yourself only
as a lover of Avatar Meher Baba.




No comments:

Post a Comment