Saturday, March 5, 2016

Untapped reservoir

Untapped reservoir                                                                                     

When I had nothing better to do,
nothing else going on, I would reach out

to the Lord of the universe.  Little ol’ me.
And, of course, when troubles arose

I was always right there tugging at His coat. 
Just in case it was true.

One day, down a lonely path,
through a flurry of leaves,

I saw Him ahead of me, plainly beckoning,
inviting me to His house for tea.

If you’re not too busy, He said.
If you’ve nothing better to do.

Tears, held back a lifetime,
wet my cheeks, the sleeves of my coat –

cleansing rivers coming from the broken,
untapped reservoir within my chest.

O child of God, wherever fate takes you
never forget the mercy of the Lord of Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment