Saturday, November 1, 2014

By the way


By the way                                                                                                          

You and I are on a first name basis.
I’ve grown up with this intimacy –

praying as a child each night
for You to take and keep my soul,

allaying with Your name
my fear of death and harm.

Yesterday, I heard part of a speech
by a famous crusading atheist.

He’s made God the center of his life.
No one gets around You.

Everything is a part of Your work.
Every sin, every blasphemy, every ignorance

as well as every revelation and act of compassion
brings us closer to You. 

God, by the way, is the only One
with the infinite breadth of knowledge

required to know for certain
whether or not God exists.

O child of God, running from the Everything
is just another route into His arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment