Friday, April 11, 2014

The song of Meher

The song of Meher                                                                                

As a child, like a bird in a cage, everywhere I went, I took Jesus
and the song of Jesus with me but, the world easily crushed

and scattered that cage; the bird flew and the song I heard no more.
Until Your song.  Like a bird in a cage, I take You everywhere.

Now that cage is coming apart, not from the crush of the world
but, from the inside out, the bird and its song too deep,

too large, too strong, too universal for the cage to hold.
What once had meaning, now has three meanings

a thousand meanings, multifarious, ever-shifting
and the whispering love song within

echoes from the bars and rafters
of this realm’s farthest reaches.

O child of God, let the song of Meher
free you from that bone-ribbed cage.

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment