Saturday, December 3, 2016

Your brush strokes

Your brush strokes

Tonight, as these prayers are being said,
looking out upon the bowed heads of Your lovers,

in my heart, also, heads are bowed. Voices blending in arti;
there are voices and harmonies within me as well.

And, as I kneel for Your darshan, in the tomb-shrine
of my heart there is, also, a kneeling.

On this nondescript hill, a small group
has gathered tonight from around the world.

We have come to bow down to the holiest part
          within us and all human beings.
What a long journey to reach Your humble abode!

O Beloved, in Your Tomb-Shrine I have found my refuge.
In the shrine of my heart, let me offer You refuge.

Paint the walls within it in Your lovely brush strokes,
scenes from a life of Purity and holy Love.

O child of God, garland the stone of your heart-shrine.
Prepare it lovingly for the arrival of the Guest.

                                  (from The Garden of Surrender, 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment