Saturday, November 12, 2016

One day to blur

One day to blur 

There are all sorts of theories about You.
I don’t know what to believe.

So, long ago, I stopped believing –
beyond belief ... beyond disbelief.

Rain falls and I don gear to keep me dry.
Where is opinion and belief in that?

Mortar holds the bricks together.
Oil lubricates the mechanisms.

The eightfold path – a photo taken from space;
no conjectures there.

I take my Beloved for granted.
Didn’t He promise – He is always with me? 

O pilgrims, I am a raindrop one day to blur into the Ocean.
My opinion is, my opinion is of little consequence –

using what works and discarding what fails,
I find my Beloved closer than the vein in my neck.

O child of God, drop that six foot pole,
sink to the bottom to find out where you are.

                     (from A Jewel in the Dust)

No comments:

Post a Comment