Saturday, September 1, 2012

Song link -- Chasing the Thief -- (click on title)



tracking a handsome stranger down              Who once stole my heart  
might’ve made a wrong turn somewhere,           I can’t see that far ahead
C                                             F                                      C   F          C        
but I believe every holy word my Beloved One, never said, never said.
F                       G                      Am                                   F
so I’m out here    on the trail        stumbling around in the dark
                   C                          G   C                           F
chasing after the Thief       Who stole my heart
C                          G                         C     
chasing after the Thief Who stole my heart
C                                                     F
there’s a danger in this hopelessness    Truth can bring on despair
the path of love is suffering               not one soul gets spared
If you ventured near my room last night you might have heard me crying
C                                                       F                                   
when my Beloved whispered to me – I know how much it hurts
                                 C        F                                  C
and how hard you’re trying             how hard you’re trying
F                              G                                     Am                                       F
I got lost on the     road to glory,      every arrow seems to miss the mark  
C                          G       C                       F
chasing after the Thief       Who stole my heart
C                          G                          C     
chasing after the Thief Who stole my heart
C                                             F
Quaking in my unworthiness         His light revealing every scar
when my Beloved whispered to me      I take you the way you are
and I can’t tell you what good it’s done    impaled upon my broken vows
C                                                         F                                                 
whatever difference love might make       that’s the difference of me now,
   C        F                                C     
the difference of me now      the difference of me now
F                            G               Am                                         F
So break open that     holy wine       this is where the new life starts
C                          G   C                           F
chasing after the Thief       Who stole my heart
C                          G                          C     
chasing after the Thief Who stole my heart

Chasing the Thief (take 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment